Buffer has over 1.4 million users and generates over $3m per year. Our web app and API have been growing fast and we need you to help lead its development.
We’re looking for a backend hacker that’s comfortable working building RESTful APIs, managing databases, and optimizing response time for our API. Here are some details and stats of what you'd be working with:
- - 1 Million+ Users with over 150k monthly active users.
- - 7,000 API clients. Some of the more popular include Feedly, IFTTT, Pocket and Instapaper.
- - Over 2 million social media posts sent per week
We use Python, PHP, MongoDB, Memcache, AWS, Grunt.JS, Backbone.js, jQuery, CSS (LESS).
We’re a small team of driven hackers and happiness heroes. We have some exciting engineering challenges and would love your help.
As part of Buffer, you will:
- - be leading the development and scale of our API and web features.
- - work closely with Joel on Product and Sunil on technical architecture
- - ship to thousands of users several times a day
- - work with our metrics team to run experiments
- - be friendly and comfortable talking directly to customers
- - be a happy, positive-minded and kind person
- - be a Buffer user
- - be an independent and versatile hacker, with the ability to pick up different languages, frameworks and techniques with relative ease
- - give back to the developer community (through blog posts, open source, speaking, stackoverflow answers)
- - have experience working with another startup before (would be awesome, it’s cool if not)
If this sounds like your ideal spot we’d love to hear from you! Email Sunil (our CTO) a note about yourself, why you’re interested in Buffer, and any relevant links (Github profile, projects and background).
- Perks within Buffer culture:
- - MacBook Air
- - Free Kindle Books (and Kindle Paperwhite)
- - Jawbone UP
- - Loose vacation policy and twice annual (international) company retreats
- - Want to move or live anywhere? We’ll help you get set up
- Salary: 88k-140k
- Equity: 0.5-1%
Be part of the Buffer journey as our Backend Hacker